Forces Review Learning Goals
- I can identify/draw forces acting on a object in a free-body diagram or picture.
- I can determine if forces are balanced or unbalanced and explain why.
- I can explain how distance and mass affect gravity
- I can make connections between the 3 Laws of Motion and pictures/diagrams.
- I know the relationship between acceleration, force, and mass.
|force||balanced forces||unbalanced forces|
|net force||friction||air resistance|
Kinematics Review Learning Goals
- I can distinguish distance and displacement
- I can distinguish speed and velocity.
- I can calculate the average velocity of an object.
- I can interpret/draw the position vs. time graph for an object moving with constant velocity.
- I can interpret/draw the velocity vs. time graph for an object moving with constant velocity.
- I can calculate the acceleration of an object with direction and proper units.
- I can interpret/draw the velocity vs. time graph for an object moving with changing velocity.
- Presentation download: IS3 Forces Review
Movies, videos and simulations:
- Mission to Mars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpd2-b4n-wE
- Egg Inertia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gzCeXDhUAA
- Despicable Me: Vector Introduction
Articles and Websites: