- I can calculate the momentum for an object in a particular situation. (p=mv)
- I can describe momentum as having magnitude and direction.
- I can define the system and surroundings for a specific problem.
- understand that interactions between system and surroundings cause change in momentum in the system.
- I can describe and compute impulse (Ft).
- I can demonstrate that momentum in a closed system is always conserved.
Videos, movies and simulations:
- A Cartoon Guide to Physics: search using the word Momentum
- Air Track Simulation
- Momentum Game (click on the bumper cars sign to play the momentum simulation)