I’m starting this new year with a quote from Marie Curie (1867-1934), a brilliant Polish scientist who won two Nobel Prizes (one in 1903 and another in 1911):
“I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale.” – Marie Curie (1867-1934)
The beauty of science! Oh yes! This is what I want you to see this year: impress you like a fairy tale! My number one goal.
Well, this is our blog. I’ll keep it updated with the most recent class activities, resources and news. Save it in your favorites. Trust me. You’ll keep going back to it all year long.
- Home: This is what I’ll use to communicate with you and share articles/videos and other resources I believe you might enjoy.
- Topics: resources like videos, learning goals, articles, etc.
- e-Portfolios: links to everyone’s portfolio + rubric.
- Calendar: where you can see our plans and get prepared.
- Web 2.0 Tools: a very useful list of tools that can help you create amazing projects.
- “Study Log”: you’ll complete this form twice a week to show me you’re studying, trying to understand difficult concepts or simply reviewing investigations or activities we did in class.
- “Turn it in” forms: what you will complete everytime you submit a document or link to me (do not send me these by email. It’s very difficult to find things when you have 300 emails in your folder.).
2) we also have a facebook page you can Like to get constant updates: HERE
There is a lot more to come… stay tuned!